DE Furbowl 60 POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
10-25-2015, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2015 10:39 PM by Kitt3ns.)
DE Furbowl 60 POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The upcoming DE Furbowl is being postponed until further notice. Unfortunately the bowling alley has redone the party room, and added a large amount of arcade machines and as such our space for the headless lounge and information desks are no longer available.

We're looking into alternatives at the moment but we aren't sure when we'll be able to host the next DE Furbowl. I apologize immensely and if I had known that this development would take place then we would have taken moves to prepare for it beforehand.

I ask that you please be patient, and please spread the word about the postponement. Please stay tuned!

Kitt3ns!!!
also...partyhard!

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: DE Furbowl 60 POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
I say we take over Embassy Suites like NYFB for a Saturday Night. Think about it, 100+ arrive on a slow off weekend for their hotel to bring in business. It's not as big as NYFB yeah but even if we fill an entire floor that would be an entire floor of people they did not have.

At NYFB we only pay ~$115 for a room and you can fit 4-5 people easy so $25-30 for awesome fun and for everyone over an hour away you don't have to worry about going home.

How much could they need for one of their party rooms and we just dance and have fun there? That way it's mingling and fun friendly. How about it? I love that hotel.
10-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Shadow, while that sounds cool, I think that it would be difficult to pull off. You're asking people to pay more $ than they would Furbowl, and right before the holidays too.

It sucks for it to be postponed, but give Kitt3ns, Reaux, and the other staff time to come up with a gameplan.
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Can we talk about the fact there's a beer pong arcade game though?

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."
10-25-2015, 09:32 PM
(10-25-2015 08:08 PM)AmarettoKitten Wrote:  Shadow, while that sounds cool, I think that it would be difficult to pull off. You're asking people to pay more $ than they would Furbowl, and right before the holidays too.

It sucks for it to be postponed, but give Kitt3ns, Reaux, and the other staff time to come up with a gameplan.

Oh no not that weekend. Believe me i tried for 2 rooms to party in after bowling, but they're booked up because of a Hens game at the college down the road... I mean more in the future like a random weekend away from the holidays.

It's not a ton more but I'd help with the main room. I'm not sure how much they'd ask for the ball rooms for the night or whatever... how much is that anyway?

7 minutes... 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you ~ AW
Tweet at me https://twitter.com/ShRadow_Fox
10-26-2015, 02:44 AM
I'm just gonna throw this out there cause me and a few other furs been talking about it, how about the bowling ally in middletown called mid-county lanes? The place itself is huge, very nice and clean, huge arcade, bowling shop, food shop thingy, and everyone is very nice there. It's not that much farther for anyone coming from up north, and they have the average hours (till 12am on saturday). Pricing is 4.75$ per game per person at the most, or rent the lane for 30$ for an hour up to 6 people 5pm-12am. Shoe rental is 3$. I could call up just to make sure again that everyones alright with fursuiters and stuff if anyones interested, but I have seen em there before so I don't think it ill be a problem.

Fox confused
10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
that's central DE furbowl's turf. Not only that but the one staff member who brings ALL of the stuff that makes DE furbowl and I don't think they can make that 40 minute drive there and back.

Kitt3ns have a meeting with the bowling alley on wednesday because they still want our business so we might possibly gfind a middle ground. ovo

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."
10-28-2015, 12:21 AM
(10-27-2015 09:53 PM)AlphonseMai Wrote:  that's central DE furbowl's turf. Not only that but the one staff member who brings ALL of the stuff that makes DE furbowl and I don't think they can make that 40 minute drive there and back.

Kitt3ns have a meeting with the bowling alley on wednesday because they still want our business so we might possibly gfind a middle ground. ovo

Middletown is most certainly still in New Castle County. Central DE's bowling alley is another 30 miles south of there.

What a piece of work is a furry! how Questionable in Reason? how infinite in quirkiness? in tail and fursuit how bold and peculiar? in Action, how like an animal? in apprehension, how like a man?

Click for daily doses of Jess' mundane life. Warning: I don't shut up.
10-28-2015, 04:04 PM
(10-27-2015 09:53 PM)AlphonseMai Wrote:  that's central DE furbowl's turf. Not only that but the one staff member who brings ALL of the stuff that makes DE furbowl and I don't think they can make that 40 minute drive there and back.

Congrats if they can work something out!

I'm not sure where your from, but being born and raised in Delaware, I can tell you it surly don't take 40 min to get to middletown from the original bowling ally the furbowl is held at. Js.

Fox confused
10-29-2015, 03:07 PM
(10-28-2015 04:04 PM)TartokTatkretTikaani Wrote:  

I'm not sure where your from, but being born and raised in Delaware, I can tell you it surly don't take 40 min to get to middletown from the original bowling ally the furbowl is held at. Js.

Depends on traffic, actually. I can get there in 30 minutes, but everyone drives differently. If you're driving speed limit only it can take 40 minutes from Wilmington to Middletown.

Either way, let's hope compromise can be made. It's a nice venue. And while Middletown has the arcade next to it, Prices Corner is better logistically for staff and attendance.
10-29-2015, 10:53 PM
(10-29-2015 03:07 PM)AmarettoKitten Wrote:  
(10-28-2015 04:04 PM)TartokTatkretTikaani Wrote:  

Depends on traffic, actually. I can get there in 30 minutes, but everyone drives differently. If you're driving speed limit only it can take 40 minutes from Wilmington to Middletown.

Either way, let's hope compromise can be made. It's a nice venue. And while Middletown has the arcade next to it, Prices Corner is better logistically for staff and attendance.

Although these bowling alleys aren't as big or well staffed there is also Pleasant Hill Lanes and First State Lanes. They are both open until midnight on saturdays. Also I've noticed most people that show up to these meets don't actually bowl. Instead they just come to chill out. First State Lanes has 28 lanes.

I made this post..."in my pants."
01-08-2016, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016 09:28 PM by Foxy_fox.)
Hey. A friend of mine told me about furbowl and I'm disappointed that it's postponed for now. I'd love to go especially if it's closer to Wilmington. I'm sure everyone can find a happy medium however. Didn't furbowl used to be at the lanes in Newark? It's sure interesting seeing one of the places I grew around so different. The lanes are gone and the shopping center has changed a lot.

If there's anything I can do to help with planning or logistics let me know or send me a pm. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot what year it was..